My transformation Story

Let's Connect

Maintenance

This fall has been extremely busy and I realized I would not have a post for November if I didn’t get to writing.  I know, it’s not really a big deal, but I started this blog to keep me focused on my journey and to also to inspire others.

Since hitting my goal weight, nothing has really changed. I am working on losing these last 8 pounds. They are slowly coming off. I am down to 131.8 weight wise, so about another 5lbs to go to hit my ultimate goal. I haven’t taken any measurements since October, but know I am still losing inches as my clothes are fitting loosely again. Shopping trip, anyone? :)

Here’s where I am these days: 

When it comes to eating—everything is ok. At the beginning of my journey, I started out at a low calorie intake of 1200 calories and that hasn’t changed. I do not eat my exercise calories back unless I am extremely hungry, which normally comes when my hormones are crazy during that time of month.  I do not stress about overeating when it happens and surprisingly I didn’t stress about the Thanksgiving holiday. When I started this journey, I cut out all alcohol and all things that were unhealthy and that was fine. I have been slowly incorporating it back as long as it fits within my calorie goal for the day. I eat healthy but love food so I do not deny myself of anything I really want. I continue to use My Fitness Pal and log my food diary and make sure my calories are on target.  I feel that works really well for me. 

My workouts haven’t really changed much. I still workout 6 days a week, but I found when I took two rest days a week rather than one, my body really responded and had some good weight loss happen.  This is an extremely busy time at the theatre, so if I can only get 5 workouts in rather than 6, I am okay with that. The hubs and I haven’t really focused on Insanity much, just kickboxing classes. I got to teach a class and I find that I really enjoy doing it. Maybe that is something I will have to look into. I have gotten a few friends to come try out the class and I think they thoroughly enjoyed it.  That makes me extremely happy.

Image wise, I am the smallest I have ever been, even when I was in college. I still have some self-image issues, where I am not always the most confident person about my looks, but I guess this will never go away. I have Phantom Fat episodes every once in a while. One thing that really keeps me going is that people in my life are starting to look to me for coaching and inspiration on fitness and health. A while back, I was getting a few comments like “don’t lose any more weight, you’re so skinny or you are tiny”…I have worked on my toning and have muscles, which my goal was not to be skinny, but be healthy and fit.   I really like being a role model for others. I find this humorous because over 7 months ago I absolutely hated exercise.

So here I am today, I am a few pounds heavier probably due to some water retention and eating and enjoying the Thanksgiving feasts like a crazy person. But I know what I need to do to get it back to where I want to be and I am not even slightly stressed about it. I haven’t stopped working on it, but I am ready to hit the workouts hard this week and get back to healthy eating.  

Since December is right around the corner, I think its time to start thinking about my fitness goals for 2012. I am thinking if I can get these last 5 pounds off, I will work on decreasing my body fat and tone up a little more.  I am also looking forward to leading more fitness and health challenges this next year. I want people to stick to their New Year’s resolutions when it comes to making a true lifestyle change. We will see what happens.

Happy Holidays everyone!