My transformation Story

Let's Connect

Shakeology Cleanse

Cleanses are the craze right now.  People want to “flush” their bodies of impurities, toxins and clean out their colons, stomachs and their blood.  There are so many cleanses to choose from, whether its juicing, adding probiotics, clean eating to flush fat or the favorite Master Cleanse made up of lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.  Before I got serious about this journey, I tried them all and none of them worked. I literally felt like I was starving.
Some of you know that I am a Beachbody Coach and have been using Shakeology for awhile. While I am not a pushy salesperson, I do promote the use of Beachbody workout programs and the use of Shakeology during my weight loss challenges. I believe that Beachbody makes wonderful products. While some people think that they are expensive, I think of them as an investment and well worth the price you pay to get fit and stay healthy. Cheap isn't always the best way to go. Anyway, I decided since I have been hovering over a plateau for a while, I would try this cleanse out.
So, some of you may be asking “What IS Shakeology and the 3 day cleanse?”

Shakeology is a meal replacement shake designed to be enjoyed every day as one meal a day. A serving of Shakeology has 140 calories, and contains 17g of carbs, 17g of protein, and only 1g of fat. It contains no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, or components of any kind; has zero caffeine and no gluten. For this cleanse, it will be used three times a day for three days.


 

The Shakeology Cleanse is meant to jump start you in your fitness journey, break a plateau or shred pounds fast & effectively in a healthy way. The key to this cleanse over any other is caloric efficiency. Basically, getting the most nutrients possible out of the fewest number of calories. The Shakeology cleanse is also done to help your body recover from all the toxins and unhealthy food that it has to process on a daily basis.

These are the basics of the cleanse:

* Drink 3 Shakeology Shakes a day (blended with only water and ice)
*2 Cups of Green Tea a day
*1 piece of fruit a day (Apple, pear, orange, banana, mango, etc)
*1 salad for dinner (lettuce, veggies, lean protein)
**4 oz lean protein in salad (WHITE poultry or fish)
**Only Low Fat Dressings 2 Tbsp
*Water...all you can drink!
**NO DAIRY! (no almond, soy, or rice milk) or extra sugars.
Here is how my 3 days went.....
Day One:
Tuesday October 24, 2011

Morning weigh in: 135.8lbs
 
Breakfast:  Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water & ice

Snack: 1 cup of green grapes
            8 ounces of green tea
 
Lunch:  Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water

PM Snack: Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water

Dinner:  Romaine Lettuce Blend w/ 4oz chicken, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, 1 TBSP of flax seed, 2TBSP Ken’s Oil & Vinegar Dressing

Late snack: 8 ounces of green tea

Total calorie intake 751 out of 1200

Workout: None

How did I feel?
Strangely, I didn’t feel hungry throughout the day, but I couldn’t wait to eat my salad. I was dying to “crunch” on something. Day one seemed to be fine.  I was a little tired, so I didn’t workout at all. Strange for me, right?   I probably burned enough calories walking to and from the bathroom, since I took in so much water. TMI? Sorry....on to day two…..

Day Two:
Wednesday October 26, 2011

Morning weigh in: 133.8 (-2lbs)
 
Breakfast:  Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water & ice
                   8 ounces of green tea
Snack: 1 red delicious apple
           
Lunch:  Romaine Lettuce Blend w/ 4oz chicken, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, 1 TBSP of flax seed, 2TBSP Ken’s Oil & Vinegar Dressing

PM Snack: Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water

Dinner:  Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water  

Late snack: 8 ounces of green tea

Total calorie intake 706 out of 2,025

Workout: Combat Fit (Kickboxing) at
Topeka ATA Martial Arts. Calories burned 825

How did I feel?
This day I felt was the hardest.  I switched my lunch and dinner around since I don’t like to eat anything heavy before I workout in the evening. I didn’t experience any headaches. I did get irritated easily and snapped at my kids and husband a few times. I was a little sluggish and felt tired before class, but once I got into working out, I was feeling better. There were a few times, I started to see “stars”, but I got through it.  Bathroom scenario was the same as the first....on to the LAST day….

Day Three:
Thursday October 27, 2011

Morning weigh in: 131.6 (-4.2lbs)

I had an early morning workout. I didn’t even know if I was going to make it to that since the workout the night before was pretty intense, but I was able to do it. Again, saw “stars” and had more breaks throughout this workout than I normally do.  I followed the same guidelines as I did on Tuesday with switching the salad to lunch and having the shake for dinner since working out in the morning makes me feel hungrier throughout the day. My body is continuously burning….
 
Breakfast:  Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water & ice
                   8 ounces of green tea
Snack: 1 red delicious apple
           
Lunch:  Romaine Lettuce Blend w/ 4oz chunk light tuna, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, 1 TBSP of flax seed, 2TBSP Ken’s Oil & Vinegar Dressing

PM Snack:  So full from lunch, didn’t get this shake in

Dinner:  Shakeology mixed w/ 8 oz of water  (just barely)

Late snack: 8 ounces of green tea

Total calorie intake 566 out of 1935

Workout: Combat Fit (Kickboxing) at
Topeka ATA Martial Arts. Calories burned 735

How did I feel?
Extremely tired, but FULL. I didn’t get one of the shakes in for my PM Snack and I barely got the dinner shake down. By this time, I did not look forward to the taste of the shakes and was ready to be done. Plus, I don’t think I took in as much water as I should have throughout the day. My tummy felt bloated and tight.

Friday October 28, 2011
Final weigh in:  131.6lbs
Total pounds lost:  4.2 and 1/2 inch off my waist 

Is this something I will do again?
Yes!! I plan to do a Shakeology cleanse quarterly. Overall I was quite happy with the results.  I get Shakeology shipped directly to my home monthly so I don’t have to miss a day. I was surprised that I didn’t lose anymore than I did, but I didn’t do as well as I had planned on the last day.  I think the cleanse is a great thing to do when and if I need to get over another plateau or maybe after indulging after the holidays, but 2 days would probably be my max.  This is also one cleanse to where you are not “rushing” to the bathroom. If I had to go, I went. I didn’t have cramping and didn’t have to ingest saltwater to make me go like the Master Cleanse.

I anticipate that I will gain a few of the pounds back, but will try my hardest not too and continue on to my goal. After this little adventure, I only have 4.4lbs to go to get to that goal.  The shakes are normally really good. Mixing them with just water is fine if I don’t have the time to mix in anything, but I prefer to test out various recipes and have more flavor. My favorite is the Pecan Cinnamon Roll

8oz almond milk
1 packet chocolate Shakeology
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
8 pecan halves
Ice to taste

If anyone is interested in Shakeology or doing a cleanse, you can visit my website and have a look and contact me if you want.   Cheers!!