My transformation Story

Let's Connect

GOOOAAALLL!!!!

As of October 1, 2011, I have finally reached the weight loss goal that I set for myself. I wanted to lose 30 pounds in 6 months.  I can’t believe that has finally happened. I went from being and feeling overweight to feeling fantastic and looking great!!  I’m the healthiest I have been in years.

Let’s summarize the last 6 months:

My journey started with me being 5'3 and at my highest weight at 165lbs. In the beginning, I followed the Insanity program and combined some days with a Combat Fit class (Cardio kickboxing) at ATA Martial Arts. I recorded and logged everything religiously through My Fitness Pal. I clearly remember during the first month, I absolutely hated logging my food. I felt it was so time consuming and despised having to be accountable for everything that I ate, but I continued to press on through those issues and the unbelievable soreness my body was feeling with those double workouts! After Insanity, I was 13lbs down, and was convinced that I was never going to make to my goal of 135lbs.  I kept thinking that I went through that exhausting workout program, plus the combat fit and only lost 13lbs. I did lose 22.75 inches during that time and I still wasn't convinced that any of the work I was putting in was helping, but for some reason, I was still mentally check in and continued on. The next few months, I was persistent on working out and eating healthy! I stuck with Insanity as a fill in workout. I tried TurboFire, but that wasn’t my cup of tea.  I used Insanity Asylum, but I didn’t complete the full 30 day program.  The Combat Fit class became a regularly scheduled workout class and I started to incorporate more weight training into my workouts. It was about 4 months into this journey that my brain finally caught up and noticed the changes in my body. I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, my last 10lbs to go.  But I knew that those last 10lbs were going to be the hardest pounds to shed!! I was still in this!!!

Finally on October 1, I am preparing myself to run my first 5K. I go through my normal morning routine of going to the bathroom, turn on the shower to warm up and step on the scale…….BOOM 135.0lbs!! GOAL ACHIEVED!!!  I took a shower, got dressed and asked my husband to guess my weigh in weight for the day.  This was a little game we started to play. He said "136.4"…..With a little smile on my face I said "Nope, 135.0!!!"   Immediately hugs and tears came strolling down his face.  He was just as emotional as me as he has been checked into this journey just like me.  I can’t believe it!! 30 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!!!!
In 5 months and 28 days, I have shed 30lbs along with melting off 40 inches. I went from a size 12/14 to a 4/6 and went from 33% body fat to 24%. What the heck?

My measurements from beginning to end:

Waist: 40in----29.75 (-10.25)
Hips:   42in----33.25 (-8.75)
Arms: 11.50in----10.00 (-1.50)
Bust:   41.50in----33.25 (-8.25)
Rt. Thigh: 23.25in----18.50 (-4.75)
Lt. Thigh: 23.50in----18.50 (-5.00)

Total: 40.00 inches

Below are my progress pics from my journey. Big thanks to my hubby and kiddos who have had to endure my mood changes and tantrums, but was also there for my joys and successes!! Big thanks to all of MFP & supportive Facebook friends. I am thankful for all of your love, support, and motivation day in and day out on this journey. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING PEOPLE!!




So I have been asked the question, now what? I have decided to continue on to my ultimate goal of 127lbs and lowering my body fat. If I have a weight RANGE of more like 127-132lbs, I will be perfectly happy. No time frame on this goal. I will reach it when I can. I am extremely happy with all that I have accomplished so far.

For those of you that have read my blogs and continue to follow me for motivation in your journeys please know that YOU can do this too!!  It takes planning, hard work, motivation and persistence, but it can happen!! NO, IT WILL HAPPEN and when it does you will feel amazing. Keep fighting the good fight and keep plugging along. When you get discouraged, scream, cry, throw a fit and then move on but don’t quit!! You can do it and you will do it!!