My transformation Story

Let's Connect

This is hard....


Its been a while since I have written a blog. This one is not weight related, but very personal.  Some of you that know me know that my best friend, Kathy is battling breast cancer.  Well, she is losing her battle. Its easier for me to write this blog rather than talk about in person without crying about it. 
Kathryn Grau Caviness (my bestie)

Bad news is here. She had a MRI and PET scan done this last week. She called to tell me that the cancer has moved into her spinal cord.  She was still fighting the battle of having fluid and cancer in her lungs along with cells in her liver. At this time, Hospice care has been called and now all treatments will be stopped.  The time to prepare for her to leave this world is inevitable.  

Yesterday, I broke down and sobbed in my husband's arms and fell into a small state of depression. I cried and slept most of the day. I am thankful for a very understanding husband who left me alone while trying to deal with this.

Jamie Barkes Pursely 1975-2011 www.lovingpink.com
A year and a half ago a high school friend, Jamie lost her battle to this horrible disease. This morning Jamie’s husband, daughter, family and friends are representing her in Kansas City for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  Even though I couldn’t make it to the race, I went for a memorial run with my husband for her and my friend this morning. It was an odd route that we have never ran.  We started at our home and ran through a neighborhood close to ours, then through the old Rochester Cemetery.  It felt so calm and serene. On our way back all of these thoughts of my best friend losing her life to cancer came rushing through my head. At the end of our route, we had to tackle going up a huge hill. My husband while in his own world trying to get up this hill, I pictured my friends at the top cheering me on.  My heart raced and I pushed harder and harder to reach them.  As I got to the top, the images of them disappeared and tears streamed down my face.  My heart rate was so high, I had to stop running and catch my breath. Within this small time frame, I felt this overwhelming feeling of comfort and relief. Both women who many of of love are not or will be not any longer.  We still have our memories and bits and pieces of  these wonderful women personified through their beautiful children.  

I feel honored to have known these two women.  Jamie is gone, Kathy is still here for now, but I don’t know for how long. 

You will always be remembered and never forgotten!!! Kathy, you have been my best friend for 15 years.  We have done everything together. We met our loves and had our babies at the same time. We have been a part of everything together!  I love you to the moon and back and always will!!! 

Thank to everyone for all of their prayers and support. 

As Jamie would say....Much love,

Christy